PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Direct Entry Commands (merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2003, 14:34
mini cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wellthis
If Ek were a caring/sharing company that used standard management tools, it would use some of the terms that you stated ie non-confrontational, discussion and representation!! These are not word used at EK, they prefer - it has been decided, due to recent changes we will be etc if you get the drift!!
As for representation on each fleet you have a 'Fleet Manager' to quote one of them 'I have two hats, one is to look after your welfare and the other is a company management hat' - a fine balance, so how much representation do you think we get?
'You, somehow cordially, have to remind them of that and the importance of command for your careers and the value of happy pilots/employees.' - I wish we could!!! The more you remind them the further back your individual career goes!! All the management have their own agenda, as in any company, but here it is:
1. Save you own backside first
2. Secure your own position in the company
3. Do what your told from above - no questions asked (if you do ask then your position will not be secure)
4. Lastly help the guys out if it does not affect 1/2/3 above!!!

Sorry to sound negative but I came from a well respected company in the Uk ( thats enough info as the EK DFO reads pprune!! - hope he's reading this!!). The management style here is lacking to say the least - they say they communicate but I always thought communication was 2 way, we have no redress if we want to keep hopes of promotion alive.

Anybody thinking of coming here take a big long look at what they say you will get, then relate it to what you read here and try to talk to someone at EK - the two do not match!!!!!!!!!