PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2018, 07:06
172_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R1ddle,

I will naturally be pleasant to any crew I meet, colleagues as competitors. Any SAS pilot will, if they look themselves deep in the mirror, understand there is a human behind any SAIL position who does what’s best for him/her and their family. You can hate the game but not the players. With that said, I don’t think SAIL should’ve ever seen the light and I do react when you say that you help us and saving us money. That’s quite arrogant to say and nothing you or I know much about as normal line pilots. I wonder how many support functions SAIL is borrowing from SAS “free of charge”.

There is definitely sceptism about the direction this airline is heading. Some reasons that’s so 1. The Scandinavian image, we now often have flights without any Scandinavian speaking members (not only SAIL but other sub-contractors too). 2. Career progression, halted when we loose our work to SAIL. They’re actively looking for voluntary leave of absence. Hope that won’t escalate into layoffs... 3. The moral of flagging out the operation. We live in a country with a developed welfare system, with lots of service ranging from free nursery for our kids to free university degrees. I wonder if our own CEO forgot who paid his very own master? It sure wasn’t Ireland.

Gnarlberg,

You numbers are off. I don’t have the exact ones in front of me but I think you start in the region of 37 000 SEK/month if rated, a bit less if not rated. No flight pay, same salary regarding of hours. Per diem depends on your destination, number of overnights and stop duration. You can see up to 8000 SEK/month in per diem. Do what you want with it, dine nice, spend on beer or save up.