PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage
Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2018, 01:58
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Regardless of your position on the JC/JQ (insert next entity here) competent management would use their time for good and not evil. Messing around with AOC's is an exorbitant time waster when Qf have an appalling fleet and are hell bent on reducing flying. Ever since the APA bid, the effort of management has purely been in trousering as much cash for themselves as possible, with zero effort being put into the long term health of the company. If we had 80 777's or (AND would be even better!) 787's and hadn't wasted that money tilting at windmills around the globe (Red Q, J* HKG, J* Pacific, J* etc, etc) for ZERO return I would be hard pushed to make that accusation. Unfortunately we have all of 2 787's with another massive delivery of 6 arriving shortly. That's 615 787's too late and don't forget the 777 first flew in '94 and is still an obvious world beater. Qantas has incompetent management with completely the wrong (and ultra short term) focus. Trust me, pilots and engineers would be the LAST people to ever complain if the airline was thriving. It isn't and unless things change FAST the only thing left will be a phoenix like array of Chairmans Lounges - with little to drive people to them. It is not up to Court to point out to grossly overpaid manager's of very dubious ethics that their business thinking is self defeating and plainly bizarre! I mean, really - among many other things, what company BORROWS money to pay staff bonuses when Qf is so short of decent aircraft? It is absolutely insane!!