PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2018, 22:59
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizz Summer 2018 LTN Base...

Its looking like a minimum of two of Wizz Air's LTN based fleet this summer will be A321's...

Just been looking at some flights for the summer and it appears the airline is feeling very bullish, both their new routes to Athens and Larnaca will be operated by the A321! Also on four days of the week, Wizz Air will be operating the LTN-LCA route twice daily with an A321.

Just booked tickets to Athens for £21 return!
(Obviously that is bare bone tickets with no optional extras.)

I'm curious where Wizz Air are seeing all the demand for the Larnaca route(?), as it has never really of been the best seller of routes from the airport. Also there isn't much in the way of advertising I'm seeing for the new or existing routes for the airline.

You have Blue Air operating 3-4 flights a week and Monarch dabbled on the route, trying different frequencies before settling to 1-2 fights a week, dependng on time of year.

Im sure easyJet tried it a few years back, before just remaining on the Paphos route.

On the days Blue Air are operating the route (with their 737-800s) and the two A321's operated by Wizz, we'll be seeing up to 1300 passengers flying this route. Thats excluding any charter airlines flying operating on the route!

Seems like Wizz have also upgraded the Split route to an A321 too, and also this year it is operating daily through the summer, as when I used it last year was only 3-4 flights a week. They are also head to head with easyJet on this route too!