PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2018, 19:47
R1ddle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look, as far as i'm concerned, I will be polite and friendly to ANY SAS pilot/crew I come across, if they are not so to me - that is up to them.

I like the Scandinavian people! I need to pay my mortgage. I very much doubt many SAS pilots would be prepared to relocate to LHR at no cost (but am prepared to be corrected) We are saving SAS money on many levels & helping the airline... I do understand the sceptisism from SAS crew however and hope to alleviate their concerns in the future..

You will find SAS Ireland VERY professional (many pilots are X Monarch whose stds were second to none - and the others I have met have shown outstanding stds too), we hope to emulate the standards of SAS mainline! I suspect if SAS Ireland didn't get off the ground, LHR would close or reduce services eventually.

As pilots we MUST all realise the airline is a business that MUST make money however.

AND Yes, there were many instances when Monarch pilots/union had NO idea the state the airline was in.
In 2014 & 2017 within weeks of an imminent collapse, we got pay rises and increases in T&C's...

Best of luck to you all...