PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pegasus Airlines Boeing 737-800 TC-CPF overrun runway at Trabzon. All pax okay
Old 30th Jan 2018, 19:17
tdracer

Received 184 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by J.O.
They know which side of their toast is buttered and they're not about to walk over a country - and its airlines - who've put plenty of bread on their table.
While that certainly plays a part, it's more basic than that. The aircraft manufacturer is a participant in the investigation, but all information releases must come from the government agency responsible for the investigation. During my career I was involved in a couple accident and several incident investigations - and violating the investigation confidentiality was a good way to get severely reprimanded or even fired. I wasn't even supposed to talk about it with co-workers that weren't involved in the investigation or didn't have a 'need to know'.

I suppose if the investigating agency released something that blamed the manufacturer, and that the manufacturer felt was false or seriously misleading, the manufacturer could release some sort of rebuttal, but it would be carefully worded and blessed by a team of lawyers before it saw the light of day.