PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIPS / API CLAIM DENIED
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2018, 14:31
gardenshed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to tidy things up with further information.
I was under the impression that the summons had been served upon the trust, however I will quote directly from the email sent to the claimant today from his legal team, and I quote.

" In Guernsey the rules require personal service.Therefore the Summons was handed to HM Sergeant on Monday for the sergeant to serve by hand on Sovereign today.I expect to receive confirmation of service tomorrow." end quote.

So in essence the Summons was served but has to go in a slightly roundabout way, end result is the same.

While I cannot directly comment on Toilet Flushes statement about mediation/arbitration etc as I do not have sufficient knowledge of what was on offer, and unless they were personally involved with it, neither would they , nobody in their right mind wants to go to court due to the time and expense involved, therefore one has to assume that the gap between the parties remains unabridged,unresolved, and unlikely to be so.

One of the good things to come out of this may be just how much of an influence Harvey Watt will have over future cases, when presented by expert medical evidence to the contrary.