PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage
Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2018, 00:26
RealityCzech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard
I think it’s fair to say you are wrong.

“Qantas has offered to provide letters of assurance to address AIPA concerns.” (AIPA President, November 2017)

“Qantas stated they were prepared to offer assurances around confining these operations to what they were purported to be.” (AIPA President, yesterday)

and then

“Andrew David advised discussions with Group management had resulted in a decision that, in the interests of the Group, NO assurance would be offered around the Jetconnect or Network Aviation Plans.” (AIPA President, yesterday)

Nowhere did I see that these assurances were ever sought by AIPA - rather, they were offered by QANTAS (and from the tone of AIPA’s emails, regarded with low expectations). The disappointing thing, for anyone who’s still surprised by any of this, is that once again the company appears to have acted with a lack of good faith and integrity.
Thanks for the quotes from the AIPA emails. I wonder if Qantas/AD would agree on the events in the first 2? Who is meant by ‘Qantas’ in the first 1? I’m very surprised AD would agree to given written scope undertakings when Qantas hasn’t done that for many years and when he would obviously know that he isn’t authorised to without permission from above. I do wonder whether there was some misunderstanding about the process and the content of the ;undertakings’ at some stage. Hopefully AD or whoever ain management addresses this at some point.