PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage
Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2018, 00:07
itsnotthatbloodyhard

Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by RealityCzech
When you say they have shamelessly reneged on a previous undertaking - what undertaking have they reneged on? What undertaking was actually made? I can't see any undertaking in the Qantas emails about it, nor in the AIPA email, apart from the very vague mention in the AIPA emails of wanting assurances and having meetings about assurances.

My guess is that AD promised to go away and see what undertakings (if any) he could get and this has somehow been interpreted as some sort of scope clause undertaking was likely or was in the bag. I hope I'm wrong.
I think it’s fair to say you are wrong.

“Qantas has offered to provide letters of assurance to address AIPA concerns.” (AIPA President, November 2017)

“Qantas stated they were prepared to offer assurances around confining these operations to what they were purported to be.” (AIPA President, yesterday)

and then

“Andrew David advised discussions with Group management had resulted in a decision that, in the interests of the Group, NO assurance would be offered around the Jetconnect or Network Aviation Plans.” (AIPA President, yesterday)

Nowhere did I see that these assurances were ever sought by AIPA - rather, they were offered by QANTAS (and from the tone of AIPA’s emails, regarded with low expectations). The disappointing thing, for anyone who’s still surprised by any of this, is that once again the company appears to have acted with a lack of good faith and integrity.