PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde 4590
Thread: Concorde 4590
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2018, 21:18
Shaggy Sheep Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster15
No I am not. For your information I was involved in the return to service programme following the crash and knowing what I know I completely agree with the BEA investigation and its findings.
It is quite clear that the titanium strip, having been run over at high speed was the prime cause of the catastrophic tyre failure. Had the tyre not failed IN THE WAY THAT IT DID then the other anomalies could have been managed by the aircrew.
We've covered this. You are going round in circles.

It is really important to remember that 113 people died as a result and therefore we ought to respect the formal investigation findings, bearing in mind that the evidence was provided by subject matter experts.
I've no idea what you are trying to say with this. What has the tragic loss of life got to do with trying to put the blame on a bit of runway debris? Are you an apologist for Air France who shamefully tried to pin those 113 deaths entirely on a maintenance engineer in America?

Quite rightly the courts threw that one out.

The bottom line is those 113 lives are down to Air France for shoddy maintenance and even shoddier operating of a magnificent aeroplane.

I think this conversation has more than run its course.