PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage
Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2018, 20:26
RealityCzech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I believe there’s something in the Australian Fair work act that prevents it. No doubt someone more in the know can weigh in, but I’ve always been under the impression that QANTAS cannot use Jetconnect on Domestic services."

You might need to look into that.... Qantas cannot use Jetconnect domestically in Australia on Qantas services (theoretically this could be done if provided for in the relevant AUS EBA) - but they can on Jetconnect-operated services. See the difference?

"Company stooge.?
Management have no integrity and haven’t for years. Say one thing and do the opposite.
We don’t trust you or your ulterior nefarious motives. This latest move will only stiffen the resolve of the pilot cohort. Any remaining goodwill is now lost. How foolish. With acute shortages and significant day to day crewing problems you now decide to insult us with this diatribe. Once again you’ve gone back on your word and it will be reciprocated.
Once bitten twice shy. "

Still waiting to hear what was said and what opposite of that was done. I find it hard to believe that AD told AIPA he was authorised to give them a scope clause style assurance. Even if he did, I find it even harder to think that would've been believed. Such a thing would be 180 degrees off the way they have always operated. Any why was some assurance suddenly so necessary after a rego change that is basically meaningless from an industrial perspective? Sorry for being confused.

I'm not a company stooge, whatever that is. I'm just trying to understand why the hysteria when I see nothing of any practical effect has changed. You might say I'm trying to work out why I'm supposed to suddenly be so angry.