PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2018, 14:35
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is not a decision that should be dictated by airlines. However, I'd guess far more airlines, or airline groups, have called for LHR to control its costs than anything else in this debate. Obviously that comes as no surprise.
Good point, just keen for us not to do a Stansted and build something the market won't use.
The problem LHR have is that, when the same model supported their position (i.e. LHR offers the strongest economic case) they trumpeted the finding. As they have now been found (using the same economic model) to offer a less advantageous outcome than LGW, they cannot criticise the model without looking opportunistic.
Again fair, but modelling is notoriously innacurate and open to scandalous mis-interpretation by all sides, see also #brexit
This is not a decision taken by airlines.
No but pointless building infrastructure if it's not used as intended, see Stansted.
If we had a larger LHR who exactly would be there who aren't using it today?
Ohh good question. I think we'd see more of the Chinese long haul players as well as China Airlines moving from Gatwick. Westjet would likely be tempted to move as well. easyJet for sure
Also a chance of LanChile, Aerolineas Argentinas, airlines to whom Gatwick would not be an option.
Cargo would also be opened up massively allowing some of the heavy traffic AMS gets and STN to a lesser extent to use LHR. Some would be net new, some would just hammer Gatwick. Time will tell.