PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR basic salary UK bases
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2018, 13:53
VJW

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
My new basic in STN is £74k.
Flight pay in STN is £38.49/PSBH. 850 hrs is a little under £33k gross. I flew 890 hours last year, so 900 hours is £34.6k
New total based on 900 hours (basic was 63k last month before new deal kicked in) is now £108.6k.

Productivity bonus is £12k and in STN we got that for the first time this month. I've resigned, and wonder if they'll want this back as I've not offered to work any days off, let alone the amount (I believe its 6 per year) they require.

Allowances (or expenses) is £6k per year. While this is paid monthly at £500, this is a gross figure and I presume we actually only see £300 of it. I spend that monthly on things like LOL/private healthcare/car parking/bottled water etc - so I personally don't treat this as income. It what everyone else provides for you. Ryanair don't, and somehow convince people they make £6k more.

Yes Bex88 - the Captain salary at RYR has always been better than junior FO salary at BA. Why is that surprising? Before the new deal I'd have taken at least a 30% pay cut to go from LHS RYR to RHS BA.

Enzo- the sector pay is high because the basic pay is so pathetically low. We actually have to work our a$$ off to get a competitive salary.

This new deal doesn't beat Easyjet. Where the basic salary alone there is £105k.