PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2018, 13:41
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we all just calm down with the speculation and drama
We are all in the airline industry apart from the spotters and the enthusiastic wannabes and for us that actually work in the industry we know no airline would cancel and delay flight schedules due to lack of seat sales whilst offering affected passengers a flight from an alternative airport and paying for the cost of getting people to the alternative as this would lead to an aircraft sitting doing nothing and we all know that’s how you destroy your reputation.
It is obvious to me and I would guess many others on this forum that the only possible reason for this is a delay to the delivery of an aircraft.
From what I have heard the customer service from this airline has been second to none with calls being answered promptly and many alternatives being offered from full refunds to alternative departure points with costs covered
We should give the airline credit for resolving this issue and taking the affected flights out of the schedule promptly.

Can I just add this has only affected Birmingham longhaul flights and has not affected Stansted or Paris flights what so ever

Last edited by daz211; 29th Jan 2018 at 13:44. Reason: More info