PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet opportunity on behalf of a friend..
Old 29th Jan 2018, 10:40
RudderTrimZero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Primera Air will be taking on lots of cadets soon as they are running out of options to crew for their massive expansion plans. I don't know the channel through which they are getting them or which flight school they have a relationship with (if any) but get in touch with Mountain High aviation agency.

Warning. CTC will have a good reason for not finding your friend employment, especially in this current environment of jobs galore. It really hasn't been this good since I started out 20 years ago. Whether that be due to performance, or as is more common these days amongst kids, their own attitude and conduct only you or he will truly know.

What I will say is that the quality of cadets (not the training) even from the great sausage factories is not what it used to be. The astronaut like selection/assessment process seems unable to weed out those with serious attitude problems and unworthy behavioral traits. On the hand, it's good at weeding out people with mature personalities who might pose a challenge to the status quo. At my last airline we had a whole bunch of showoffs, please-me types who were only interested in selfies and making go-pro videos, and even downright psychotic liars who were universally hated for the amount of BS they would invent. Most of them from CTC. Seems the psych tests are not interested in maturity and life experience.

Good luck