PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet opportunity on behalf of a friend..
Old 28th Jan 2018, 22:49
ChrisE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for all the responses - All of you seem to be heading in the same direction so I'll offer that as advice or link him to this post.

A few of you have asked how CTC have shafted him - basically he lost his medical in the early stages of ground-school because of an illness, recovered and subsequently missed the mark on a couple of exams, following on from that he had a serious illness in his family during the IR phase for which he requested time off as he wasn't in the right frame of mind to be flying (pretty good decision making in my eyes). However, whoever wrote his report at CTC said he lacked application, was lazy and not dedicated - which, quite obviously, has deterred any airline he's tried approaching to this point.

Of course I realise that hard work and perseverance are key to securing any desirable role, but he's only getting sniffs at pay to fly schemes at the moment which he's obviously steering well clear of. In terms of Ryanair, he applied, was told they were offering him an assessment day and then a few days later he got a rejection email! They now won't let him re-apply and haven't given feedback or a time when his application ban will be removed. Interesting what Clamchowder says about the Ryanair MCC/JOC, I'll pass this info on

Once again thanks a lot for your replies!