PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet opportunity on behalf of a friend..
Old 28th Jan 2018, 17:14
FlipFlapFlop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pick and choose who you listen to carefully. There are those that spit venom at the mention of CTC. They are not a popular outfit in the eyes of many having paid a significant part in the erosion of pilots terms and conditions.
The lucky few have fallen out of CTC (or other) into their first job in a shiny jet. Some had to wait a long time and frankly depends on market forces at the time.
I did get a job straight away (not from CTC) but they went bust within two years. That left me as a low hours pilot to fight with many for very few positions and had to make do with some real crap jobs in the meantime. Eventually had to quit the UK and spent years with Qatar. Not great. Now 10 years after qualifying I have a LHS job with a loco (although if a pool place with BA comes off I may decide to shift back to the right).
I think my main message is it is a tough world out there and the positive advice from others is spot on. Stay prepared, go for everything (and I mean everything) and develop a network of people who may one day help. Nothing will land on the plate if the plate is not there.
I understand it is difficult and worrying especially for those that have bank rolled a CTC course. But as others have said, CTC owe your friend nothing. They just don't say this when the starry eyed youngster signs on the dotted line.