PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2018, 03:38
EagleA25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainProp
I just received email from Rishworth advertising for VN:

"Annual fee increase of 2% from the completion of 3 - 10 years’ service. "

That's a whopping 0.5% pay "increase" for the first 4 years in a country that's historically rarely had lower than 5% consumer price inflation.

Enjoy!

CP
Yeah; it’s a joke... things here in Saigon are not cheap, nor is a live to live here by any standard; worse if you have kids; schooling is big business here and VERY expensive! And what colleagues are telling me is that Hanoi is already just as bad and Da Nang is even worse!

I agree with Pezet on almost everything that is in his cons but only a few things on his Pro’s and I would like to point out a few things: I’m sorry, but we do not trust the local FO’s; that’s why critical items are now Captains respinsabilities; they have demonstrated over and over that they are not capable of managing ADM, sound judgement or even basic flying skills! If you let them be PF, even on an easy day, be VERY aware that they can and will surprise you with some very weired stuff, and on top are VERY defensive when you try to tell them what they did wrong!
They also know very well that they have almost ZERO liability when flying with Expats. You are a completely burnable asset to management and their kids if it helps them to save face! And things are not getting better here!
This is a “do not report” culture; you are strongly discouraged, as i was explained by Instructors, to send any kind of inform to management, be it about safety issues or simply trying to protect your own back from repercussions of something someone else did. The office environment towards Expats is very different and the operating environment, when flying with Vietnamese Pilots, feels almost hostile as they do not appreciate you being here; they do make it clear that you should not be here...
The truth is: Many Western Expats were promised a lot more and are very disappointed and looking for greener pastures. Choose wisely if you consider coming to VNA!