PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 28th Jan 2018, 00:19
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Bones13
Once you get the verification from CASA do you send that to the FAA for their verification, or show up for the FAA flight test with the CASA one?
None of the above.

You initiate the verification process by sending in a form to the FAA (it’s on their website somewhere), then the FAA will contact casa requesting your quals/records. CASA won’t release anything to the FAA until you you pay the CASA fee, funnily enough the FAA doesn’t charge you anything for the process.

Then all you need is the FAA letter (valid within 6 months of being issued) and your FAA medical to do ge Flight test. You obviously need your casa original docs and logbooks to verify aeronautical experience is met. These are provided to the testing officer on the day of your flight test.

This is in addition to any TSA requirements for Sim training or Flight training etc.

I went through the above twice in the last two years. Once to switch my Aussie helicopter ATPL to FAA rotorcraft-ATP and then again to switch my Aussie CPL/IPC to FAA-ATP-MEL when I joined a regional after flying firefighting helos for a summer when I first moved to the US.