PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet dives to avoid another plane; 4 are hurt
Old 21st Sep 2003, 20:31
Fox3snapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to pose a hypothetical scenerio to you and tell me how you think the US would react.

Imagine that Iran had a carrier battle group sit off the US shores in International waters, with complete legitemacy to being there and launched their full aircraft compliment for a normal daily flying routine.........how do you think the US Government would react to this?

I know the answer, as I am sure most worldly people do.

So why then does the US insist on doing it regularly on Iran's doorstep for no good reason whatsoever when south of their carrier group is hundereds of miles of international waters that would give no cause for concern to anyone. This is not to mention all of the major airways that they have launched through that feed the Europe-Asia market which causes no end of grief to the civil traffic and ATC trying to determine what is where and who's who amongst 50 targets that form a complete furball on the radar.

An unnecessary and provocative posture that only continues to feed the hostilities in this region, and lets face it there are enough of them already!