PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2018, 18:34
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Harry Wayfarers
EL,

Your profile suggests that you live in EDI so besides GLA and perhaps NCL you are stuck with it and need to take whatever flight options are available locally.

From EDI you don't have similarly convenient alternatives but from south-west England, indeed south Wales itself, you do with BHX and the LON airports, the problem isn't with CWL, the problem is QR connections via DOH and there are plenty of alternative airlines from the other airports.
"stuck with it"?

I'm perfectly happy with the range of choices from central Scotland. I've barely had to go from or via England for several years now unless LON/MAN/BHX are my final destinations. I can think of one occasion 2 years ago when I flew to Montenegro, I had to take a train to Manchester. I can accept that. There is a wide range of options for me to choose from. I'm not sure what negative image you're trying to paint. I don't really need "similarly convenient alternatives" as all my needs are more than catered for from either EDI or GLA. Other than Tivat there hasn't been anywhere I've needed to go in the last 4 years that has required me to look beyond Scotland and in that time I've been to about 30 odd countries.

You can complain about connection times, that's fine, it's not something I have ever had an issue with on QR but to a lot of people that won't matter, and in most cases, if you shift the date either way by a day you'll see the connection time drop. I won't be perfect for 100% of the people 100% of the time, but then no airline can get that. If you kept the flight at the same time each day it would inevitably mean some destinations are missed totally, so the split timing idea is the best way to catch as many people as possible. If QR starts seeing missed opportunities or a demand in people seeking a connection that doesn't work well, so they are going to the competition, then I am sure they will do what needs to be done to rectify it.