PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Charter Broker Set Up Advice
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2018, 18:29
SouthernBroker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fnjfnjfnjfdnjf

Originally Posted by HyFlyer
I think maybe you need a few years more and some practical training before getting into this. There are any number of 'wideboys' in this business, don't become another....get a proper training. Where do you suggest for such training?

Are you intending to interpose yourself between the AOC holder and the paying client? If so how? That isn't a place you want to be, unless you know exactly how to contract such an arrangement with all parties...lot of legal traps there.
- Yes I am, having worked for an AOC holder, and spoken to other brokers, small and rather large well known brokers (with names beginning with P and S), they have all told me that they "interpose" themselves by signing the contract with the AOC/operator upon the client agreeing to the brokers terms and signing their (the brokers) contract and submitting the funds.
If not, then how will you audit your suppliers...? what actual 'service' are you providing.? What happens if the charter supplier lets you down...? It can happen.
- I suppose this would be dependant on an individual case by case basis and require some careful reading of contracts and some headaches.

What insurance are you carrying?
What happens if there is an accident or incident? What plans and procedures do you have? Have you even considered this in the contracting and money flow for liability issues...?

Just like the cockpit of an aircraft, you can do 10 hours instruction and learn to fly solo PPL....but that isn't a qualification to be a professional pilot. Same for brokers....there are good ones who act professionally and provide real value for money service, and there are the rest to just think its easy money and take a cut, but actually do virtually nothing.
I don't think this is a job to make a quick fee, I have worked with brokers who have very little operational knowledge and common sense who promise things to their clients and then have make silly and ridiculous requests of myself as an operator, for which they themselves have to return to the client and tell them that they cannot keep their promises.