PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus : Wing anti-ice on after Ground De-icing
Old 27th Jan 2018, 03:08
C.M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m fully aware of how the system works (the 30s test) .And the 30s test is short enough not to damage the slats that’s why it’s allowed to utilize this function on the ground. But my question only relates to its use after anti-icing fluid has been applied . Will the 30s test be enough to start altering its properties and start dimishing its holdover time? Whereas not using wing anti ice after fluid application is a common advise for anti ice procedures I couldn’t find anything from Airbus itself .
It came up in a simulator session . There was the suggestion from the examiner to utilize the test function just before departure to ensure it works (this was after antiicing procedures). I pointed out that the general advise is not to use wing anti ice after fluid application for the reasons I stated above. He told me to investigate if airbus has any such consideration because he wasn’t aware of any. Truth be told I could not find any from airbus either . But you never know if it’s hidden somewhere.

Last edited by C.M; 27th Jan 2018 at 03:10. Reason: Grammar