PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2018, 21:19
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those complaining of connection times. You realise CWL is not the only airport on the QR network? the CWL route will not feed nicely into every single destination, just like it wouldn't do via AMS or CDG. I've had 5 hour long waits in both airports while on my way to/from EDI. I don't belittle KLM/AF because of it. It may not connect well with some destinations, it may connect well with others. They will have done their research and will have determined what works for them and will adjust as they go on if necessary. I believe there are different flight times on different days so some days the flights will connect better at different times. This is common on the UK/Ireland QR network, with EDI, MAN, BHX and DUB all having similar frequencies. QR also offer free stop overs and city tours of Doha on longer connections to break up the time and offer people something more than the airport to look at. It's all on their site.

It is quite strange to see some people actually being negative about CWL getting a long haul route. Truly bizarre. Go and use LHR (or INV) all you want, all you'll be doing is starving your local airport of a revenue, which will just do more harm in the long run.