PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2018, 16:16
mart901

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Husky One
At £9.99 you are sustaining nothing. You are simply burning cash in the hope that your opponent blinks first. The ultimate prize being to knock them off the route at which point you can charge what you like. It’s unsustainable in the long term but they’re be a few thousand passengers who benefit. Unfortunately they become that familiar breed that believe they should be able to go where they want, when they want for £20 and cry about it when reality bites.
Looking at flights in October, one of them at a weekend and FR coming out at about £3 more expensive than. EZY. BE like double the price but they vary depending on when you want to travel and what sales they are running, there's times they are cheaper than EZY to BHX, especially peak times. I can't really see FR making a long term stab at this somehow unless they are going to play slowly slowly catch the monkey here. One flight a day is like whatever to many people, I'd say I would mix and match but the flight times are pretty useless unless you are leisure passenger and stopping overnight.