PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson Safety Courses
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2003, 18:01
headsethair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robinson Blades and WD40

Mr Zuckerman: The process using WD40 is recommended by Robinson for use only on the R22 blade and only in the manner they proscribe. I would suggest that you don't post on this subject unless you have RHC approval - and I'm sure the manufacturers of WD40 would love to have a word with you.

To answer the Robinson blade construction question - the R22 is aluminum honeycomb with an aluminum skin. There are no composites in an R22 blade.

The 44 is aluminum honeycomb with a stainless steel skin. In the R44 tail rotor there is a small section of composite.

Both types have stainless steel leading edges.

As stated before, they are testing SS blades for R22 and they are also hopeful that the new Raven II blade will eventually become a retro fit for all 44s.

Other than the above, which I gleaned on the course, I'd rather not get drawn in to deeper technical discussions for which I am not qualified. And it is nigh on impossible to get into the deeper issues on a Forum such as this.

Maybe one day we'll all get to meet!

PS: For followers of true English, please read ALUMINIUM! But, now that Bill Gates has convinced the world that Favourites is spelt Favorites, we're losing the plot chaps.