PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2018, 11:14
EagleA25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirbuzHamster
Hi guys!!

Wow!! What a lot of pages to go through and what a lot of different stories!!

So how is it really now and the next 5 years??!!

I am a ‘settled’ Cpt A320c in Europe and considering a move into Asia and therefor contracting pilot.
(Due to wife needing a tropical climat physically and also looking for a new challenge myself as I am getting bored with the job here).

Any Dutch guys out here??

Thanks everyone already for more up2date experiences and looking forward for advise and info!! (Good or if bad, advise to where to go instead)!
If you’re interested in full time, living year round, I’d suggest VietJet or JetStar, I hear they pay a lot better than VNA; VNA has a few better schedule perks, they will ship you confirmed on your vacation to Europe; but that is about it.
VNA will bond you for one month salary if you intent to leave early, but the training they give is a almost joke; can’t comment on VJ and JS.
Looking into the crystal ball: overall a lot of Expats are not happy with what they see; there is a fairly big demand for Captains in the A321, upgrade to Line Training Pilot will be very quick (if you volunteer, something a lot don’t want as it’s high risk and only $800 more) but VNA is not interested in increasing the pay, so you’ll be flying with quite a few interesting characters...
Another note: You could also become one of the A350 carrot chasers... 🤦🏼*♂️