PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2018, 08:41
Azgalor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,
I have trapped myself into strange situation.
I have finnished my university degree in 2013 as a professional pilot. I was flying my training while studying and even though I have did everything (PPL, night, CPL, IR, MEP/IR) I haven't closed that. I have hours and lessons but no exam. No, I didn't fail. I just didn't try. So let's say that is all gone. I have just university degree but no ATPL. I have knowledge and skill.
I'm 27 now, I have job and I'm fine but hell. I miss flying. I'm able and willing to invest time and money to gain my ATPL(A), do all the hours and get it finally.
However here comes the problem. I really don't want to end up in situation when I send my CV somewhere and they will see somethig like dude, 28 years, ATPL(A) and no hours and no experience and they will be like wtf, he is old. Some of my classmates are flying for 3 years or so. One of them got into cockpit 9 months ago. However I will be year older.

rudestuff

Honestly, I do not get it. On the one hand you are saying he is quite close but then you say he should give up.