PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who really cares?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2018, 08:25
StickWithTheTruth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing is achieved and the cycle starts again.
Welcome to the world of Internet forums! No different to sitting down next to your mates at the local pub bar and solving the problems of the world.

I'd have to disagree with you on it going nowhere though. Dick tends to use this forum as a sounding board to gather opinions from those private and in the industry and sometimes to seek clarification on rules, regulation and history that he can't find or interpret himself (can't blame him for that!) He then takes that and prepares a well planned and reasoned response and takes that to either CASA directly, the Australian newspaper or other outlets.

One that I can think of that panned out in this exact way was the relatively recent change that allowed us to join the circuit on base. Small steps yes, but positive ones in ensuring that CASA live up to their mandate of following worlds best in aviation practice. Thanks Dick, I now regularly do this!

It's not all for nothing I assure you Fujii!

PS: Airport weather cameras also come to mind although it should never have taken Dick to pay for it personally to come to fruition!