PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIPS / API CLAIM DENIED
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2018, 06:01
Tiredofbeingtired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So many people write question on Pprune why you do not just answer them and be final with them (except the one who is three or four different screen name)?

Hi there and thanks for asking. We wish more people would contact us directly instead of just talking to each other (or, in the case of that certain individual to himself and himself and himself) but it is what it is. By the way, it’s only been since never that anyone asked us why we don’t engage on Pprune. Here’s why:

1. It’s a rumor network; in fact, its name is the Professional Pilot RUmour Network. We don’t deal in rumor, we deal in fact.

2. Most of the questions aren’t questions, they’re accusations. No answer can ever satisfy the accusation; even if it did it will be ignored, glossed over or called a lie because it doesn’t fit with the narrative of the thread.

3. If we answer even one question or accusation there, if we respond just once we’ve now committed ourselves to the court of anonymous opinion and its a court of discord and disharmony; it’s attractive and compelling but it isn’t fact-based, logical, open-minded or fair and none of us have the time or desire to make that commitment on behalf of API or the membership.

4. If it was policy to answer questions on Pprune then we would have the responsibility to monitor Pprune because when questions are asked and if we didn’t respond within some arbitrary timeline we’d be skewered for being afraid to answer or ignoring the question.

5. I (for one) don’t spend time on Pprune; I only find out something’s been posted when someone sends me an email and then I may look at it, most times I don’t.

6. If we were answering questions on Pprune it would give that website credibility as a place for people to go for answers from us. Our answers are on our website. We’re contactable through our website; come ask us there. You can pick up the phone and call (as you did several weeks ago); the number’s been up there since last year.

7. If someone goes to Pprune for answers about API (or anything) they’re not really serious about the quality of the answer. When you go to your Command upgrade interview (congrats by the way and good luck), would you start any answer with, “Well, according to Pprune…”? You would only if you wanted to fail. Searching for truth or things substantive on an anonymous internet forum is the fool’s failure. I think Socrates said that first, by the way.

Sometimes, man, it’s just simply important to know things. That takes effort and a desire to raise your own level of knowledge above that of the screaming crowd. It applies to everything, whether it’s your interview or this company you’re contributing to. We put everything on our website for you and we ask you to look at it; if you don’t see what you’re looking for or don’t understand it ask us. You pay us to support you and we will, but not on Pprune.

With that out of the way, it would be naïve of us not recognize that you’re trying to give us a voice on Pprune because we won’t shout back there. While we appreciate it, it’s not necessary. The people working at API (present and past) are intelligent and honorable, each one came forward with the sole goal of serving the pilots. The guys whose lives are better because you and the rest of the membership are taking care of them are our best testimonial and our real voice. You have our thanks but you have more important things to be doing and an important milestone approaching. Study hard. Be a good Captain.