PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich-2
Thread: Norwich-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2018, 05:30
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Albert Hall
Jay, so if Frankfurt has also lost its link to Aberdeen, does that place Frankfurt in the same "pisspot regional airport category" that you seem to have created for Norwich? Of course not. It's more likely that a spate of route cuts at ABZ (Frankfurt, loss of second carrier on NWI and something else yet to come) are related to structural issues in the Aberdeen market rather than any perceived failings of Norwich. It's clearly not good news for Norwich and I don't think anyone would dress it up as such, but using this to pursue the narrow anti-Norwich agenda is an implausible stretch of logic.
In answer to your question Frankfurt is a major airport with nearly 1400 flights a day and clearly not in the same league as tiny Norwich.

As I stated previously the airport has a lot of eggs in the offshore oil business as indeed does Aberdeen.Any decline in that industry is going to affect the bottom line.

The much discussed departure fee is a bone of contention for locals. There is certainly no evidence of it being spent on the terminal. Facts speak for themselves.In 2007 passenger numbers reached a record 772,000.Once they introduced the tax numbers fell below half a million and have never recovered to those levels.

Newquay dropped it and Ryanair returned.

I am merely telling the truth when I say the place is run down and not customer friendly.

Have you read the Skytrax reviews of Norwich airport?

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 25th Jan 2018 at 05:52.