PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radio alerting failures – happening any more?
Old 25th Jan 2018, 02:49
Lead Balloon

Received 424 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by Back Seat Driver
Sunfish, the diff between amateur and professional (broadly speaking VFR v IFR) is important because we speak a different language.
Position 69dme 142 radial ABC tracking to ABCSI for the RVAV Z is a definitive position in IFR speak but gibberish to the VFR driver as is "about to cross Farmer Brown's top paddock near the sheep dip" is to me. I don't have the charts and at 4-8 miles/minute and possibly still in IMC, I don't have the time.

LB, I get what you are playing at but I've seen on many occasions TCAS symbols leap miles across the screen instantaneously, so I would not use it for separation.
But you have no choice, do you.

No choice, that is, unless the strength of your convictions is sufficient for you to refuse to fly in any airspace other than D, C, B or A.

Or get with the Bloggs Brigade. He thinks it’s better to have Australian G rather than Australian E, even though the lowest of us lowest common denominators can lawfully be in G without a radio and without a transponder, whereas we cannot lawfully be in E without a radio and a transponder.