PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH 122 Syd KL diverted to Alice Springs due to "Technical Issues"
Old 25th Jan 2018, 01:06
megan

Received 412 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by Arnold E
Interesting the discussion here about where to land and particularly what the company policy is. If I was a passenger, or indeed the pilot with an engine failure on a twin engine aircraft, the last thing on the list of considerations to me would be company policy. the heroes who want to continue beyond the absolute nearest runway that can accept the aircraft in my opinion are crazy. An engine has failed, why? what has caused it? what is the condition of the other engine? will it fail also? Is the failed engine windmilling? will it suddenly seize? what are the consequences if it does? was the pylon damaged in any way during the event? If I am ever a passenger on an aircraft that you are flying and it has an engine failure (catastrophic by the sounds of it), please forget all the hero pilot **** and get the damn thing on the ground as soon as possible
Got an idea for you Arnold. The IFE could have a page, where if an emergency occurs, which could display a range of options. All the passengers vote, and the winning vote is what the crew does. After all, the crew has absolutely no idea of the best course of action, which your post so eloquently espouses. Of course you would need to pay extra when purchasing the ticket for access to this facility.