PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2018, 15:10
squawking 7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW, yes, you could probably sell them for those figures to that particular market but would any club in the UK or elsewhere in the world buy one knowing their history? - or lack of history as records have been disposed of - too much time and money to be invested (not £100K admittedly but still too much for the average club).

But, until they're actually sold off neither you or I won't know what the interest will be or what price they'll achieve because let's face it, the G103 isn't the most inspiring basic 2 seater to fly, central and eastern Europe prefer the Puchacz.

If you're thinking commercially of how much the taxpayer will get back in to the public purse in selling off the surplus, those to be sold off won't even cover the Gp. Capt.'s salary for the duration of the 'pause' or other expenses accrued by all concerned in pursuing an outcome.

As for financial advice, I've always provided my own thanks and it's served me pretty well - mortgage free by 40, retired at 50, (OK, I run a small business as a hobby, part of which is supplying essential equipment.........to keep the RAF flying), sh!tload of cash in the bank, let's say enough to put a cheeky bid in for the whole fleet of G103's if they became available.