PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet dives to avoid another plane; 4 are hurt
Old 21st Sep 2003, 10:03
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC10RealMan writes: I have always wondered if the US Military had shot down an American airliner instead of an Iranian one, brought down a cable car in the U.S instead of an Italian one, sunk a fishing boat and killed American fishermen instead of Japanese fishermen, killed U.S. soldiers instead of British, Canadian, American trained Iraqis, and others whether American citizens would be so philosopical about these deaths. One gets the impression from various sources that provided only "Aliens" get killed then it is OK. This is not an anti-American diatribe as I have a lot of respect for the USA and its people, but I some times wonder about American attitudes and its lack of mutual respect for other nations.

Great shot and what I originally stated, We should stay home. Then you folks can take the heat for all the problems......Then we can sit on the sidelines eating popcorn saying look at those idiots......Glad its not us......
When I read this stuff, I just wish I could get on the phone and say Mr President bring everyone home, someone else wants the job.
I cant believe you really feel those folks were overjoyed at shooting down an Iranian Airliner, cutting that cable on the Tram, sinking a japanese fishing Boat ( BTW why the hell wasnt he fishing in Japan instead of U.S. waters) and Friendly Fire incidents where allies were killed. I think most were the result of technology being more advanced than the human operators.
Attitude you bet......When you take over I will bring the attitude home.....
As to the comment on keeping the Safety folks busy. You bet. What the folks are involved in is dangerous stuff, folks get killed in training and combat. Its all part of the package. You want the package, you take the heat.