PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2018, 13:51
SSDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea what history "Bondi" has with Norwegian, but having gone through 3 different bases in the company in the past almost 5 years I do believe I have a pretty good grip on how it is to work for them.

It is true that being thrown on an OSM contract was a bit of a let down, and boy have we had our battles with them on an everyday basis for a long time. However, in my humble opinion we are at the moment in a place where things are, for me at least, quite good. The pay needs to improve a bit comparing to our orange counterparts etc, but on a daily basis, I really do not have any other places I want to be right now. You call in sick or fatigued - no problem. You get long term sick - no problem. You mess up something- they listen to you. Training department is on the ball, and constantly trying to iron out potential threats. I could go on and on. We periodically work a lot (not too surprising in an expanding environment tbh) which is constantly being addressed with the union.

I do realize that it is not the well oiled machine that they aspire to be just yet, but having felt the changes first to the worse, then to the better I actually see things in quite a positive light. I know its not a popular stand here on pprune, but there you go. I find that some people always look for the bad stuff and focus on that for an eternity instead of actually taking a step back to look at the big picture of it all.

I think it is important to understand that the personal experiences with a company vary to an almost extreme degree. If you expect a "Scandinavian BA". then stay away. If you expect something like easyjet, you are more likely to be on target.

Oh, and with day off payments and flying into my days off, I am at around 130K this tax year flying from the left seat excluding pension and extras.