PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker to be prosecuted over death of Flt Lt. Sean Cunningham
Old 24th Jan 2018, 03:23
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Bob Viking - Thank you.

Roving - I think you know that the persistent offences I mention are breaches of the Air Force Act (and its successors?). Making false record attracts a maximum 2-year sentence. I'm not just talking about the aircrew training records in this case, but the more serious and serial offences committed by those who knowingly signed to say they had personally ensured a valid safety case existed, when a succession of Service Inquiries have revealed they did not. That is a legally binding declaration, and the false declarations resulted in numerous deaths in aircraft that had no legal Release to Service. Chinook. Tornado. Nimrod. Sea King (albeit, it was very nearly right). C-130. Hawk. That is not an isolated instance. Those cases alone span 17 years. In my opinion, that indicates a very serious organisational failure, which MoD seems completely ambivalent towards. Not 'seems'. Confirmed, in writing.