PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cancelling flights!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2018, 23:44
VJW

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Again the fact you don’t use all the money they pay us for expenses- doesn’t mean the rest of us don’t and doesn’t mean the rest of us call it or treat it as ‘salary’. I for one spend about £1500 a year on income protection insurance and same again for private healthcare- both of which comes out of my net salary. Add to that food/water/Medical/uniform/car parking etc and I spend more than they give us. Remembering of course the £6k quoted is a gross figure NOT the net figure we actually receive.

The above things are only some of the perks provided free in other competitor airlines.

You aren’t just stating facts by saying you treat expenses they pay us as salary, this is your opinion and misleading. Additionally adding the £12k productivity bonus to your salary is simply talking about maximum potential earnings and while is appears it’s fairly straight forward to achieve, it is Ryanair that has convinced you to call this salary in order for it to sound better.

If you use £127k as the new deal not including pension, then let’s minus the £6k expenses and that gives you £121k. For a fair comparison, EasyJet’s maximum earnings (basic+ 15% loyalty bonus+ 5% personal bonus+sector pay) is over £140k not including pension or the benifits Ryanair gives us money for. It also doesn’t include benifits Ryanair doesn’t give us money for which include but not limited to an amazing (by comparison) staff travel system.

Whether you’re happy or not, Ryanair’s new deal, which is designed to stop us leaving is miles away from its biggest competitor and the reason so many of us are still leaving.

Last edited by VJW; 24th Jan 2018 at 00:00.