PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker to be prosecuted over death of Flt Lt. Sean Cunningham
Old 23rd Jan 2018, 21:59
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RetiredBA/BY
Hear, hear to that. Sorry, Viking, it's not time to put it to bed until we have the reason for the change to long tried and tested procedures . Who, CFS, 4 FTS, HS, MB, Boscombe, or REDS, and why?

I would argue , to any forum, that replacing a seat pin without a visual checK of correct insertion, is dreadful practice, even more so if the aircraft is moving and in close proximity to other moving aircraft.

Let's hope the RAF has changed this basically unsafe procedure.

I would ask too, does RAF engineering not require an independent inspector to sign off critical work such as the was done on the shackle before releasing it to fly?

"...and just for the record, I flew ejection seats for 12 years, ejected once, hence my close interest in this accident, and was senior standards QFI in my last unit, so not exactly an uninformed amateur in this matter.

You're wasting your time expecting Bob Viking to stop asking you to move along as there's nothing to see here.

Just like the incident a few months ago where a Hawk went completely dark, and quiet above cloud, Bob thinks we should just play nice and not make waves.

Obviously our lords and masters know better than us, that's why they are our lords and masters. So... when the VSOs tell us to face the front and shut up, we ought to do just that.

No good is going to come of looking for the truth, we already know what it is, and it has to remain a secret to protect the guilty.