PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Times details proposed UK defence cut options
Old 23rd Jan 2018, 14:19
Jabba_TG12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pr00ne
Jabba TG12,

What?

Show me where the Times has ever been right and me wrong.
Its got nothing to do with that erstwhile publication, Pr00ne. Its more the culture you've become part of, that you've no doubt found yourself in and become assimilated to over the years that I've observed your posts.

Just because officially nothing can be publicly admitted to as wrong, or suspect, or could be done better, its not a case of all in the garden being rosy all the time because the culture of being on message 24/7/365 says so.

If you'll pardon my directness, you come across like an MOD Press Officer or perhaps a little less kindly, a 1980's Zampoliti . "Nothing to see here, move along, less chattering at the back, stop whinging, no questioning the chain of command..."

You're not a Common Purpose Graduate by any chance, are you?

To address the matter of The Times... given the pitiful state of journalism these days, articles such as this are leaked deliberately from within, as a number of posters have alluded, as a "softening up" exercise, to take the temperature of the water as to what is or is not considered a potential step too far. Organs such as The Times merely embroider what they have been leaked and use that to wring as much revenue from Outraged Of Tunbridge Wells on a daily basis as possible. No smoke without fire, as they say.

Thats not to say that all three of these eventualities may or will come to pass. But combinations of them almost certainly will, as has been openly discussed here. To dismiss the whole lot as merely a pile of journalistic froth is somewhat disingenuous.