PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radio alerting failures – happening any more?
Old 23rd Jan 2018, 09:24
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by LB
Bloggs: Do you really believe that the reason there isn’t Class D at places like Port Hedland and Mildura is the protestestations of GA pilots? Really? Governments and Airservices and CASA couldn’t give a flying f*ck about what GA pilots want. Class D may cost GA pilots lots, but its absence from places like Port Hedland and Mildura has nothing to do with the cost to GA pilots.
What are your bank details? I'll send you 50c so you can ring the wiki hotline and ask for the definition of Affordable Safety.

Originally Posted by LB
I’d merely suggest that: (1) Always consider the possibility that the non-goose is, for example, suffering 180 degree confusion. Just because s/he says s/he’s northwest does not make it so. (2) Don’t make the (natural) mistake of assuming that there’s no other traffic.
Learn something every day, I do.

Originally Posted by LB
The Big Sky and the shallow pockets of air operators is why there is no D at places like Port Hedland and Mildura.
So when are you and Dick going to start campaigning for true ICAO G?

Dick, still waiting, it can't be hard, do you support High-cap RPT jets operating in G in the most dangerous part of the flight, within 5nm of the airfield, or do you think they should be in D?