PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus : maintenance ((m)) tasks that can be performed by pilots
Old 23rd Jan 2018, 08:08
C.M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Highway1
As far as I am aware 'elementary maintenance tasks' means transit checks. Any task that needs a MM reference needs to be certified by an appropriately qualified Engineer.
No , I actually meant maintenance actions which are part of an MEL condition for dispatch. I should have pasted the very beginning of that airbus statement for maintenance (m) tasks. Here it is below :
“• (m) Indicates that there is an associated maintenance procedure. Maintenance personnel usually perform maintenance procedures, but flight crew, or other qualified and approved personnel may perform some elementary maintenance tasks (Refer to §3.2.7). The flight crew has to ensure that the maintenance (m) procedure, associated with an MMEL/MEL item, is correctly performed.“

RUMBEAR mentioned that the HOW TO section descibes that these actions “They are limited to operation of switches or instruments normally used, Operation of circuit breakers and simple check of condition.” The MEL that I have in that section , mentions that those persons who are not maintenance personnel must be approved by the local DCA to perform these simplified tasks .
I guess the MEL may mention slightly different things depending on how far the airline has pursued certain approvals .