PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A stupid TV crew
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2018, 16:27
infrequentflyer789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by .Scott
As I asked before, who were their target audience?
Apparently this is the TV show:

"Staten Island Hustle" is set to debut in the spring. It follows a group of friends from the New York City borough looking for "far-fetched" ideas for products and investments
I cannot see how causing a panic and filming it (which they are alleged to have admitted was their intent) can possibly be any sort of product or investment, however far-fetched.

Apparently (according to more recent news articles) the device was supposed to be some sort of vacuum-pack luggage, which presumably shrinks the space your clothes take so you can fit in the vacuum / "bomb" bits. It'll still weigh the same though, or rather it'll weigh more due to the vacuum kit, and weight is kind of important for air travel. So it is far-fetched to the point of being obviously useless, which sounds like it would fit the show rather well.

Another possibility of course is that the "show" is in fact a front for real terrorists doing a test-run. Doubtful, but nonetheless possible.

Either way I still don't see how the "cause panic with the intention of turning that panic into a reality show" fits in, but it must do because obviously the TSA wouldn't be lying to the public...