PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2018, 05:18
INKJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to Bondi’s continued anti Norwegian campaign

Yes of course like any employer there exists a mechanism whereby an employee of any provider maybe be removed.

The question is why such action maybe taken?

Let’s remember that Norwegian is a rapidly expanding airline and needs pilots in the hundreds each year for the foreseeable future.

In over 6 years I know of only maybe 3 pilots who have been ‘ terminated’ for reasons other than poor performance, by which I mean a sustained failure to reach the required standard despite the best efforts of the training department to achieve that aim.

Of the 3 sent packing it was down to the individuals unsuitability to discharge their responsibilities as an airline pilot as an ambassador for the airline that they are engaged to fly for.

The prime example being “ Bondi” who has since being shown the door from HEL posted 259 times, over 95% of which are anti Norwegian, so I say this read a few of his posts, they are all much of a muchness and ask yourself this? Is this the action of well balanced individual suitable to be in command of a public transport aircraft? no neither did Norwegian or his next employer on the other side of the Baltic

No airline is perfect and let’s be clear you are not directly employed by Norwegian, but by a service provider that happens to be 50% owned by Norwegian, you are not self employed, you will pay income tax and social taxes in your base country, there is a MSL that in general is adhered to, you have the right to union recognition, you will get paid holidays, hotels out of base, crew food ( & water) a pension, free uniform,private medical, paid duty pay for positioning whether by ground or air transport & so on.

Finally ask yourself this, what difference did being employed directly by Air Berlin,Monarch,Alitalia,Niki,Globespan,bmi and so on make ?

Cue from Bondi for being accused of being an apologist for Norwegians ‘atypical labour scheme’