PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An important MSG to my fellow JETCONNECT pilots.
Old 22nd Jan 2018, 03:56
bythenumbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawkeye787
The issue is the union has received legal advice that our challenge on rest an meal breaks would have very limited success because Tasman flying has longer cruise periods then the domestic jetstar guys. So being expert negotiators they traded what was already a very questionable trump card for some real genuine benefits...
Wait let me stop you there... Meal break money... 300 and something THOUSAND DOLLARS per annum for what benefits exactly?...

...an extra 0.5% in your Kiwi saver? Well that is approximately $90k across the pilot group assuming everyone took 8% out of their already ridiculously poor pay packet to actually get the extra 0.5%... remember they’ll match your contribution up to 4.5% so 4% ain’t gonna cut it buddy... why don’t you just take your $2k or $3.5k a year and save that... you’ll be better off.

Oh and then there is spending some of the other 300 and something THOUSAND DOLLARS on buffing up the entry FO pay... but wait a minute... Why am I spending my meal allowance to improve a pay scale that shouldn’t even be in the contract to begin with?

Should I go on?

Let’s just all be thankful that the pilot group wasn’t swimming in the coolaide fountain and get on with negotiating an acceptable contract instead of an insult.