caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taunton - BRS - 36 miles - 50 mins
Taunton - CWL - 91miles - 1hr40
Taunton - BHX - 135miles - 2hr10
Taunton - LHR - 136miles - 2hr30 / or 153 mile - 2hr30 using M4
Taunton - LGW - 160miles - 2hr47

Ayr - CAL - 170 miles - 3hr43

I still don't see the relevance of using Ayr and CAL as the geography and offerings from the Airport are completely different, and the journey time is double that of Taunton to CWL. My point is that if people from Southwest and South Wales are willing to drive 2 hours plus to BHX or London, why wouldn't people from the Southwest take the under 2 hour option and go to CWL..... if the price is right.

Just using QR are an example.
CWL-DOH 17 Jul returning 24 Jul - £580.07
BHX-DOH £690.99
LHR-DOH £572.31

Surely CWL being the closest and only £8 more expensive than the cheapest fare of the three would be a no brainer.

This isn't about blowing smoke up CWL's rear. It's about being realistic. CWL will likely to struggle to top 2m by 2020, but it's on the up. It will never be BRS, but it's making progress.
QR surprised everyone and no doubt there's more to it for Wales rather than just CWL behind the deal, but it could well be a catalyst for growth.
CWL is accessible if the right offering is there. It's not going to bring ground breaking figures through the doors, but people will travel to where the price is right. I've worked in the industry long enough to see that.