PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2018, 14:39
asdf1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expressflight
Portakabin? The building housing the new Stobart Jet Centre has been there as long as I can remember.

No need to worry though I'm sure it will make only minimal inroads into LTN's bizjet traffic, despite it's often quicker road journey to both the City and Docklands.
The new Jet Centre is housed in the old terminal building and has been refurbished to a very high standard including crew bedrooms, bathrooms, a large boardroom, kitchen prep, baggage screening and a very large and spacious lounge with the (infamous) log burner. I like it and on the opening night I heard nothing but praise from the assembled guests.

As for getting into the City and Docklands SEN is better located than TAG, Luton and Biggin. Stansted might just be quicker depending on the traffic on the M11 and of course City will always win that particular race. However, most London bound traffic wants to go to the West End and that is why the overcrowded ramp at Luton wins time and again!

SEN is aiming for 5,000 movements and whilst unlikely they will achieve that, I can see an increase over their current movements as news of the new facility starts to spread.