PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2018, 13:01
H44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zerotohero, you go on about all those benefits as if they’re big pluses for Jet2, but then I suppose if the only airline you’ve got to compare with them is Ryanair then you’re inevitably going to see Jet2 as a shining light for how all airlines should treat their employees. The fact is that all decent airlines should offer these things, and a lot more besides. Productivity must have gone down since I worked for them as I consistently did 750 hours on the 737 at a big base.

I’m glad some terms and conditions have improved at Jet2 as it’s important that airlines such as them improve conditions, rather than legacy airlines being dragged down to their level, but I have never understood this parochial view of Jet2 as the only airline that provides the lifestyle that everyone craves. If you look at the provincial bases for EasyJet, Thomas Cook and TUI, they all offer better packages with similar hours.

Regarding BALPA, it’s only as good as the pilot reps you have. My understanding of the ones Jet2 had a few years ago was that they approached PM in quite a confrontational manner so never really gained any traction in developing a win-win relationship with the airline management.