PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AVDATA landing fees - automatic from CTAF calls?
Old 21st Jan 2018, 07:46
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
Avdata sucks data from submitted flight plans as well. If you submit a plan that includes a place that charges, you’ll get a charge even if you end up not going anywhere near the place.

However, Avdata has always reversed these charges, on request, if I explain that things did not go in accordance with the plan.

Avdata has also always reversed the errors. Avdata understands I can’t be at place X on the East coast one day and place Y on the West coast in a bugsmasher.
I am glad that AvData is so understanding of others covering their mistakes.

But by the tone of your post, it sounds like you have spent considerable time advising AvData of their mistakes. So who reimburses LB for his time spent advising AvData of their screwups?

By the time you've driven to the hangar to check the logbook (have to make sure it wasn't one of your mates who flew to BumPhuck, WA), driven home, composed a letter, driven to the post office, purchased a stamp and dropped off the letter in a postbox, that's an awful lot of our time that AvData would have to reimburse, surely?

If AvData is required to provide an error-free invoice, then until they provide one, irrespective of how long that takes, I won't be doing sweet FA to help them out.