PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does Qantas 'de-transform'?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2018, 05:59
Beer Baron

Received 155 Likes on 49 Posts
Rated De,

I get it, Qantas senior management suck. I work there and yep we’ve been through a really ****ty decade but some of your oft-repeated statements are about as accurate as the ITN emails we receive.

You have made the comment many times in numerous different threads that the turnaround is a sham as we still have; “
The same contracts and the same staff
.”

But this is clearly not true. Qantas cut approximately 5000 staff. You see it everywhere. There is no one to answer your call or email in nearly every department we deal with. There is no one to drive the aerobridge, there are less flight attendants on the flight, there is no one in crewing to fix your rostering problem, etc, etc.

And the contracts are clearly different. Long haul has had a major change in the 787 section and both LH and SH have accepted/endured pay freezes. But more broadly, nearly every employee has had a pay freeze forced upon them. Many of our colleagues have been forced onto lesser contracts to do the same role.
Think of the cabin crew, QCCA staff or the QD contract. The baggage handlers are increasing employed on a lesser contract by ‘Qantas Ground Services’ as opposed to the previous Qantas contract.

I’m sure there are many more examples.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not in favour of ANY of this. It’s just the sad reality of the company we work for. But you can’t keep repeating a line as an attack on the company if it is evidently false.

There is plenty to attack them over without making stuff up.